Turmeric is one of the many high-quality staple ingredients in our yellow clay mask. This sunset-yellow spice, scientifically known as Curcuma longa, has anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and antioxidant properties that can provide many benefits for your skin. Here are several benefits of how turmeric in our mask may help you today:
- Help heal acne & heal wounds/ scarring Its antiseptic, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties assist in preventing the growth and spread of the bacteria that cause acne as well as promote more efficient healing of the skin.
- Prevent breakouts (and lessen active ones) Turmeric helps to keep pores clear by preventing skin cells from clumping. The antibacterial properties of turmeric also aid in defending your skin against future acne breakouts.
- Assists in fighting Eczema and Psoriasis If you haven’t guessed it yet Turmeric’s anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties are more than renowned and what we think is a very underrated natural ingredient. Even though the research continues, it has shown that it can assist in targeting the source of some conditions like eczema. Similarly, the protein that is related to conditions like Psoriasis, PhK, may also be targeted by turmeric to help relieve the severity.
- Prevents premature aging and reduces dark circles Another one of the major benefits of turmeric for your skin is its ability to boost collagen production and speed up the body's ability to form new, healthy tissue! It also blocks elastase, an enzyme that attacks your skin's ability to produce elastin. If elastin production slows down, fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging are more likely to appear.
- Brings out your natural glow and helps to brighten dull skin Want to boost your collagen production? You’ve come to the right place. Not only does turmeric assist in this, but it will also help speed up your body's potential to form new, healthy tissue! You want more? Well, it will also promote your body's ability to maintain a healthy regulation of elastin production by blocking elastase. If elastin production is maintained/ increased then fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging are more likely to become less noticeable and may even disappear.
As you can see, Curcumin, the primary active compound found in turmeric, contains powerful antioxidants and anti-inflammatory enzymes that work together to heal and bring out the best in your skin. Being versatile is one thing but being a potent combination of anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, anti-neoplastic, and antioxidant properties is another. It combats free-radical damage and can be used on all skin types. It’s a strong YES from us!